Re: PATCH for uninitialized junk in .dynsym

   Date: 15 Jun 1999 18:06:26 -0400
   From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com>

   However, in general, I agree.  I think -1, not 0, should be used as
   the value to indicate that the section has no associated dynamic
   symbol.

Well, maybe.  I see that the field is initialized to 0 when the tdata
is created, so maybe 0 really is a better choice.  Most things I see
checking it check for a value > 0, and that is probably a good idea.

Of course, any choice ought to be commented in elf-bfd.h.

This has never mattered before, because I believe that before Mark's
change the section dynindx field was always used exclusively within a
single target.  It had no required global meaning.

Ian