Re: MIPS linker status

   From: mark@codesourcery.com
   Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:32:58 -0700

   I've made good progress with the IRIX6 port of GNU ld.  I expect to
   have preliminary patches good enough for basic N32 functionality ready
   for submission within the next two weeks at the outside.

   I've found a lot of problems that look like they would affect IRIX5,
   and probably other MIPS ABI platforms.  (For example, utter garbage in
   the GOT.)  Is anybody actually using GNU ld on other MIPS platforms?
   If so, are they creating dynamic executables?

   I'm curious because I'm wondering when I look at code whether it's
   just not right for IRIX6, or not right in general.

Besides Koundinya, the linker does work at least to some degree for
MIPS GNU/Linux.  It does use patches for which the contributors have
still not signed the copyright assignment.  However, I doubt those
patches are relevant to what you are looking at.  I'll try to dig them
up, or you may want to look at one of H.J.'s GNU/Linux releases.

Ian