Re: Patch to change ARM register name set

Hi Richard,

: Personally, I can't stand the APCS register names.  They seem
: illogical to me.

I agree with you 100%.

: Finally, I thought that there was already a command built into gdb
: that could change the register names to the apcs variant if desired;
: this can be put into an init script, so I see little point in the
: need for a command-line option to do this as well.

This option is so that other tools can also change the register name
set being used.  In particualr we have a customer who is insisting on
the APCS name set (fools) for things like objdump and Cygmon.

: If we must add this, can't we make it part of the configuration
: options, then a target which uses the current convention doesn't
: change under people's feet.

No - it really needs to be a run time option.  However I am quite
happy to change it so that the standard names are the default and the
APCS names are only selected via a command line option.