Re: [mea@nada.kth.se: AIX 4.3.2 new library and coredump format]

Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> writes:

> Thanks for sending the patches.  The look basically OK, but still need
> some work.
>
> I didn't look at every line, but:
>
> * The formatting does not follow the GNU standard, and must be fixed.

Will do... My finalls are over for this semester now, so I'll
hopefully have more time than I had the last month.:)

> * I don't understand the new code in rs6000coff_core_p.  It appears to
>   only read the new format if it can not read sizeof (struct
>   core_dump) bytes from the file.  That seems unlikely, so I don't
>   understand how this code could work at all.

Neither do I.:) I must have done some silly misstake between the last
time I tested it and when I sent the patch...

> * The archive code appears to have been modified to always generate
>   big archive files, which will presumably break the native tools on
>   older versions of AIX.  This needs to be fixed.

Ok, I'll look at it as well.

> I believe these patches are large enough to require a gdb or binutils
> copyright assignment.

Uhmmm, can I avoid that by saying that I don't believe so? :-) If not,
how do I make a proper copyright assignment?

Regards,
/Johanna