Re: binutils newer than 2.9.1

Brendan Simon <brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au> writes:
> Where can I find binutils releases that are newer version 2.9.1 ?
> I read in one of Mumit Khan's cross-compiler howtos that 2.9.4 is
> recommended for building the cygwin32/mingw32 compilers.  There is a
> reference to where to obtain these but I would like to latest tested
> release when building all the cross-compilers I am interested in (mainly
> powerpc and m68k).  I'd prefer not to use CVS as this might be too
> bleeding-edge for my purposes.

(I assume you've already seen Ian's response to your questions)

To get what I call binutils-2.9.4 in my howto, you can get either get
the whole Cygwin source tree [1] (big!), or just get the pieces that
form binutils separately [2] that you can combine to re-create the 2.9.4
tree.

[1] ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/cygwin-b20/
[2] ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/cygwin-b20/src-by-top-dir/

Here's what I had posted to the Cygwin mailing list a while back: