binutils newer than 2.9.1

Where can I find binutils releases that are newer version 2.9.1 ?
I read in one of Mumit Khan's cross-compiler howtos that 2.9.4 is
recommended for building the cygwin32/mingw32 compilers.  There is a
reference to where to obtain these but I would like to latest tested
release when building all the cross-compilers I am interested in (mainly
powerpc and m68k).  I'd prefer not to use CVS as this might be too
bleeding-edge for my purposes.

The official binutils site (sourceware.cygnus.com as far as I am aware)
has 2.9.1as the latest release.  This has been around for quite awhile
and I'm sure there must have been further releases.  Has the site been
kept up to date ?

The main sourceware.cygnus.com web page needs a link to the binutils
page in the left frame.  There is a little message in the main frame
saying that binutils is now hosted at soureware but howlong will that
message be there for ?

Brendan Simon.