Re: HPPA/SOM Patch

   Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:38:55 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Mark Klein <mklein@dis.com>

   The patch below will propagate Ian's fixes to SOM.

I checked this in.  Thanks for sending it.

   While it now compiles
   cleanly, I do get the following in my testing:

   /tmp(303): as -v enquire.s
   GNU assembler version 2.9.4 (hppa1.0-hp-mpeix) using BFD version 2.9.4
   enquire.s: Assembler messages:
   enquire.s:33753: Internal error, aborting at ../../gas/symbols.c line 93 in symb
   ol_new
   Please report this bug.
   /tmp(304):

   It appears that the symbol table is locked.

Unfortunately, I can't easily test this, because I can't compile som.h
in a cross configuration.  Can you do some more debugging on it?  It's
presumably due to a call to symbol_new from local_symbol_convert, but
what is causing local_symbol_convert to be called?

Ian