Re: newbie question

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 09:55:57AM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> > - are snapshots still alive?

> Not as such, but they could be revived.

Depends on how much hastle it is for you...

From my perspective, I don't test everything everywhere. I send out
patches to fellow developpers who try them out, tell me what's wrong,
and then I get all the fun of finding out what went wrong on their arch...
and plaguing them to send copyright assignments if their changes are large
enough :)

My setup is getting better for this, as I now have mostly functional
cross-toolchains :)

Problem is that, before importing new stuff, I have to send out patches
+ check points out.   Some of them don't have fast net access, so a snapshot
is easier than cvs.

If I'm the only one concerned, I can still get cvs source out and brew my
own `snapshots' in a corner, but, assuming I'm not the only one who works that
way, `generic' snapshots would make sense.

--
	Marc Espie