newbie question

First, I'm not officially subscribed to this list... I hope this is ok,

I have access to the ml archives, which is enough for me, especially as
my mailbox is already cluttered...

As an OpenBSD developper, I will be trying to upgrade our toolchain at
some point during the up-coming months... I know for sure that neither
binutils-2.9.1 nor the latest gas snapshot I have found work out of the
box.

Since some problems we have from our tools are obviously tied to not enough
close collaboration with the binutils developpers, I'm intent on feeding back
all changes to binutils maintainers, so that we stop reinventing the wheel...

Two questions:
- what kind of copyright assignment do I need ? I'm already filed for `gcc'
development, do I need to file for `binutils' and `gdb', or is there some
finer discrimination (e.g., `bfd', `gas', `ld'.... what's a separate `program'
in that context ?)
I don't have any material ready for binutils yet, but I know from past
experience that this paperwork can take some time to process...

- are snapshots still alive ?  it's slightly more practical for me to work
on snapshots for various reasons (specifically: because we cover roughly 8
architectures, and it's easier for me to track problems occurring with other
developpers that way)
--
	Marc Espie