Re: patch for c++filt

   Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:20:40 -0500 (EST)
   From: Jim Blandy <jimb@cygnus.com>

   This patch is meant to solve a problem reported by Joe Buck back in
   February, and forwarded by Jeff Law to the GDB group.

   If you think this change is overkill, I have a milder approach in mind
   (simply adding an (current_demangling_style == hp_demangling) to the
   big hairy `if' condition in main), which I would be happy to prepare
   an alternative patch to implement.

cplus-dem.c is really maintained by the gcc/egcs g++ team.  I
routinely forward patches to them for approval.  If they approve it,
it goes into the egcs tree, then migrates into the Cygnus tree and
(now) into the binutils tree.

(The binutils tree used to be the same as the Cygnus tree.  We may now
want to develop some regular merge from the egcs libiberty into the
binutils libiberty.)

Anyhow, if your patch is in egcs, go ahead and check it into the
binutils.  Otherwise, get it into egcs first, and then check it in
here.

Ian