elf "note" section for win32-style thread context

Hi!

I've got an intention to add core dumping functionality to cygwin
library, so that cygwin application would write elf core file. As a
part of it, there should be "note" sections to store contexts of all
running threads. I see two possible ways to do it. I can either
emulate through one of existing structures (prstatus_t, lwpstatus_t,
etc.) or add new special note type for cygwin to bfd. Which way should
i choose?