Adding i386openbsd_vec BFD target

Hello, and sorry for the question from inexperience,

I'm in the process of porting/integrating a new
BFD-based binutils to the OpenBSD platform (i386
currently, more to come).  Using NetBSD as a
springboard, I've gotten the system to configure
and compile, and have added targets specifically
for OpenBSD/i386.  In particular, I've added
references to &i386openbsd_vec to bfd/targets.c
(and makefiles, and configure scripts, and all
 the rest of that good jazz).

What I'm wondering is, modelling this off of the
NetBSD targets in the BFD binutils, where do these
target vectors get instantiated?

I've grepped the source for i386netbsd_vec, and
have found it in exactly the same places as I've
inserted i386openbsd_vec, but nowhere else.  Now,
after building the assembler, it can't output any-
thing because it can't find the i386openbsd target
in the bfd_target_vector[] table (I think that's the
name of it - not at my PC atm to check - at any
rate, it's looked up by bfd_find_target(), called
by bfd_openw()).

As that bfd target is referenced in bfd/target.c
as &i386openbsd_vec (just like &i386netbsd_vec),
and has a C-language external reference set up for
it, and the whole thing compiles and links, I'm
assuming that that vector is instantiated somewhere.
I'm wondering where...  is it auto-generated?

Thanks,

Corey Brenner