Re: readelf doesn't support ELF64 on 32bit host

Hi H.J.

: readelf doesn't support ELF64 on 32bit host. All 64bit values are
: truncated to 32 bit. I am trying to fix it. But it happens all over
: the place. I am afraid I may make many mistakes. Am I the only one
: who is interested in 64 bit support for readelf on 32bit host?

This is supposed to work - provided that your host compiler is GCC.
Did you see this comment at the start of the readelf sources ?

  #if __GNUC__ >= 2
  /* Define BFD64 here, even if our default architecture is 32 bit ELF
     as this will allow us to read in and parse 64bit and 32bit ELF files.
     Only do this if we belive that the compiler can support a 64 bit
     data type.  For now we only rely on GCC being able to do this.  */
  #define BFD64
  #endif