Re: gdb side of improved linker-debugger interface

Tom Tromey wrote:
> Gary> I did it that way to ensure we're looking for the probes in
> Gary> the correct object.  It uses the original code to locate
> Gary> _dl_debug_state, then assumes that the object containing
> Gary> _dl_debug_state is the linker and looks for the probes in
> Gary> that.  I don't know if this is the right solution though.
>
> Ok, I see.  I think it would be fine the other way, but this is
> ok with me too.

What would the other way be?  I'm aware the way I've done it is
convoluted, and obviously it would be neater and simpler to just
check at the top of enable_break, but I don't know how you would
locate the objfile (unless there another way of locating probes
that doesn't require that?)  I guess my thinking was that there
is all this code in enable_break for dealing with all kinds of
different platforms---and that obviously works---and I wanted to
take advantage of that.

Cheers,
Gary

--