RE: [Archer] RE: [Archer] Re: Apologies for wrong commit error

  The worst part is that I almost didn't notice that the patch went to the
wrong
branch on repository.
  I tried hard to find a way to have a local branch with a short name
like wmulti instead of archer-muller-windows-multi because
I am lazy as most people are.

  I could find no way to tell to git program
that a simple
git push
should push everything to origin/archer-muller-windows-multi

  A while later, I just did this change in config, from
[branch "archer-muller-windows-multi"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/archer-muller-windows-multi
        push = refs/heads/archer-muller-windows-multi

[branch "archer-muller-windows-multi"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master
        push = refs/heads/archer-muller-windows-multi
(OK, this is a mistake, but I really didn't expect
such a consequence...)
and used a simple
make push
to discover that commit was sent to origin/master instead of
origin/archer-muller-windows-multi

  Which makes me wonder why it did not work when I tried
[branch "wmulti"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/archer-muller-windows-multi
Here
make push
never updated origin/archer-muller-windows-multi

  Kind of illogical, no?

Pierre