RE: [Archer] Re: Apologies for wrong commit error

> You could undo the change by forcing the HEAD (reference) back to
> the commit prior to the accidental one. I've never actually done
> this before, but something like this, perhaps:
>
>         % git reset --hard <SHA1>
>         % git push origin master
>
> This should restore the history to what it was prior to accidental
> commit.

 As expected in my previous email, this is not possible:

Pierre@E6510-Muller ~/git/archer
$ git push  --force origin master
Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: error: denying non-fast-forward refs/heads/master (you should pull
first
)
To ssh://sourceware.org/git/archer.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://sourceware.org/git/archer.git'

  Thus my error is written in stone forever :(

Pierre