Remote repository and git push command

  I am still confused by the git remote repository:

  If I make change to my branch, but also want to rebase my
branch to current HEAD, I get a
warning about "loosing history"
when I try to push the new version
onto the remote repository.

  It is allowed to force the push in that case or how should I proceed
to avoid the "losing history" complaint.

Pierre Muller
GDB pascal language maintainer
developer on archer-muller-windows-multi branch