Re: ptrace improvement ideas (QPassSignals)

On 02/16, Roland McGrath wrote:

> > An idea about another simple ptrace extension - to set a set of signals which
> > are not interesting to GDB, like what exists in the gdbserver protocol:
>
> That is another obvious feature.  It is straightforward to implement in the
> kernel, but it requires some extra storage per-thread,

Yes, all we need is the simple bitmask.

> It's already desireable to restructure
> the ptrace implementation details so that ptrace-related storage is not
> allocated when ptrace is not being used,

Yes. IIRC, we already had the patches, but right now I can't recall
if they were complete (most probably yes, except I am not sure about
task->ptrace member). I'll try to find this series.

Probably this is the first thing we should do.

Oleg.