Re: systemtap markers and gdb

> I forget why we picked "marker" in the first place.  I don't mind
> changing it.  Systemtap docs seem to use them interchangeably.

I think it has to do with the history of similar features, which started in
the kernel variant of the implementation of the essentially similar scheme.
The first such thing the kernel had was called "markers", though the one
now in use there is called "tracepoints" (an unfortunate parallel invention
of the same term already used for something quite different in gdb).

Anyway, the aversion to the name "marker" is just my opinion.  You should
probably work out with Frank what the preferred terminology really is.

Thanks,
Roland