Re: gdbstub initial code, v9

Oleg Nesterov <oleg@redhat.com> writes:

> [...]
> But, Jan. Implementing the memory writes does not mean breakpoints
> automatically start to work!

It approximately should though.

> Yes, gdb writes cc, and yes the tracee reports SIGTRAP. But after
> that "continue" does nothing except "$c", and the tracee naturally
> gets SIGILL. I expected that, since ugdb doesn't even know the code
> was changed, gdb should write the original byte back before continue,
> but this doesn't happen.

In normal all-stop mode, gdb does normally replace the old
instruction, in order to single-step over it with the 's' packet.
Perhaps you're testing some buggy non-stop aspect that only works
with 'Z' breakpoint management packets?  A fuller packet trace
would help explain.

- FChE