Re: gdbstub initial code, v5

On 08/23, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> However. I spent all Monday trying to resolve the new bug, and
> so far I do not understand what happens. Extremely hard to reproduce,
> and the kernel just hangs silently, without any message.
> So far I suspect the proble in utrace.c, but this time I am not sure.

Solved. This was scheduler bug fixed in 2.6.35, but I used 2.6.34.
This is really funny. This bug (PF_STARTING lockup) was found and
fixed by me & Peter.

Oh. But I hit yet another problem, BUG_ON() in __utrace_engine_release().
Again, it is not reproducible, I saw it only once in dmesg and I do
not even know for sure what I was doing.

I'll contiue tomorrow, but if I won't be able to quickly resolve
this problem I am going to ignore it for now. This time I think
ugdb is wrong.

Oleg.