Re: gdbstub initial code, v3

>>>>> "Oleg" == Oleg Nesterov <oleg@redhat.com> writes:

Oleg> So, the patch below fixes the problem, and gdb + /proc/ugdb seems
Oleg> to work.

Oleg> Indeed, gdb sees that this fd is not pipe/tcp and uses the "hardwire"
Oleg> serial_ops, but hardwire_readchar() doesn't play well with select().

Oleg> Please teach gdb to use poll/select ?

I looked at this a little bit.  It seems to me that the "hardwire" stuff
is for talking to ttys, and we instead want gdb to be using the pipe code.
Maybe a little hack to stat the open_name in the hardwire case (in
serial_open) would be appropriate.