Re: [rfc] patch for pr8880

>>>>> "Sami" == Sami Wagiaalla <swagiaal@redhat.com> writes:

Sami> This was a long chase but an easy fix.
Sami> Thoughts ?

Lots of formatting nits.

Also I have a few more substantive comments.

Sami> +struct value *
Sami> +value_at_value (struct value *value)
Sami> +{
Sami> +  return value_at(TYPE_TARGET_TYPE (value_type(value)),
Sami> +                  value_as_address(value));

Why not just use value_ind?

Sami> @@ -2104,6 +2111,9 @@ value_struct_elt (struct value **argp, struct value **args,

Modifying value_struct_elt seems dangerous.  This is called from many
places in the code, including some which don't expect ADL to be used --
e.g., Java, Ada.

Can this be done by the caller somehow instead?
Or perhaps some refactoring is needed.

Also, ADL should only be done for unqualified names.
It isn't clear to me that this change satisfies that requirement.