Re: patch for pr9067

On 02/02/10 18:28, Tom Tromey wrote:
"Chris" == Chris Moller<cmoller@redhat.com> writes:

Chris> I just sent $subject to gdb-patches.

Thanks.

Chris>  Turns out it was simultaneously more complex and simpler than we
Chris>  both thought: You can't just blindly inhibit multiple printings
Chris>  of static members.  Sometimes it's legitimate, like when they
Chris>  legitimately appear multiple times, possibly on different paths
Chris>  through the tree.

I didn't see this in the test case you sent.
Could you add it?

Sure, I can add it, but there are a handful of existing test cases that already cover that circumstance--I found them the hard way when my simplistic first-pas "fix" kept filtering out legitimate instances.

Chris>  Not that I'm a big fan of obstacks, but on the
Chris>  least-tinkering-possible principle, I scrapped my new stuff and
Chris>  fixed the obstacks.

Yeah, that's the right thing to do.