Re: Initial psymtab replacement results

Tom> The 'byname' index really slows down populating the database.  It took
Tom> more than a minute to write out the database for gdb.
[ ... later reduced to 20 seconds ... ]

Tom> The other issue is that the resulting database is very big.  For
Tom> example, the database for gdb is 72M, but the gdb executable itself is
Tom> 119M.

This week I changed gdb to write out a directly-mmappable index.
Writing the index for gdb takes 2.5 seconds, and the resulting file is
19M.

I think that is more reasonable -- still not super, but livable.

I haven't written the reader side of this yet.  I probably won't finish
that until sometime in January.