Re: question about gdb.Type

>>>>> "Matthieu" == Matthieu VIAL <matthieu.vial@orange-ftgroup.com> writes:

Matthieu> I'am using the fields attribute of gdb.Type to find base classes of
Matthieu> type. But the gdb.Type object returned by field.type seems incomplete.
Matthieu> Indeed the fields attribute is always empty. I need to use
Matthieu> gd.lookup_type to get the fields. Is it normal or is it a bug ?

Yeah.  Maybe we need a way to call the equivalent of check_typedef on a
Type.

Matthieu> I also get a SIGSEGV in archer if I use the file command to
Matthieu> reload the debuggee after using my python script which uses a
Matthieu> lot gdb.Type.

Matthieu> Looking at the backtrace, the SIGSEGV seems to have something
Matthieu> to do with the fields too. gdb is trying to copy the field
Matthieu> name.

Matthieu> See the attached file to look at the backtrace.

Thanks, I will try to look into this.
If you have a simple recipe to recreate it, that would help.