Re: Archer in Cygwin help

2009/5/21 Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com>:
> Sreejith wrote:
>>
>> I could confirm that python support is available in Cygwin, but
>> libstdc++ printers are not working as expected. The following log
>> explains more:
>>

> If you building from the archer-tromey-python branch, type:
>
> python import gdb.libstdcxx.v6.printers
>
> in GDB first. In the Fedora 11 release this is all processed via hooks so it
> is not necessary, but from that branch it is.
>

>> (gdb) python print myList
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> ?File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>> NameError: name 'myList' is not defined
>> Error while executing Python code.
>>

> Python is expecting to find a Python variable "myList" (which doesn't
> exist). If you type the above import statement, and type:
>
> print myList
>
> in GDB, does it work for you then?

Thanks for your reply. I tried importing gdb.libstdcxx.v6.printers,
but couldn't succeed. Please see the following log:

$ ./gdb.exe ../../src/a.exe
GNU gdb (GDB) 6.8.50.20090509-cvs
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin".

(gdb) python import gdb.libstdcxx.v6.printers
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named libstdcxx.v6.printers
Error while executing Python code.

You can find the GDB version also. I guess libstdcxx.v6.printers is a
python module and the above error looks like some thing is missing in
gdb initialization? Please give your comments.

Thanks,
Sreejith