Re: freshly-cut python patches

>> There are a few other things that are a bit less intertwined that we
>> could clean up and submit after that.  Specifically I'm thinking of
>> convenience functions, commands, and parameters.

Thiago> Ok. Convenience functions in particular is a good one, because Rob
Thiago> Quill's scope checking patch (which didn't go in yet) could use it. The
Thiago> others are good candidates too.

For him, I made a special version of the patch which did not
rely on any Python support.  Nobody responded to that :-(
So, I think we should just prioritize this according to what is
convenient for us.