Re: [patch] Python 2.4 compatibility.

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov@google.com> writes:

Paul> PyMappingMethods uses the "wrong" type:

Ah, I see.  Thanks.

Paul> Ok, how about this (not really sure this is any better :(

I think something like this is fine, as long as it is adequately
documented as a workaround for 2.4.

Alternatively, what if we change our 2.4 Py_ssize_t typedef to be a
#define:

    #define Py_ssize_t int

Would this yield the correct results in all cases?

Really, though, I'm fine with any solution which is documented and
which works ok.  Just go ahead and check in whichever one you prefer.

Paul> Perhaps the better solution is to require python >= 2.5 ?

I think we (Red Hat) want to support Python 2.4 for a while.  I
realize we haven't put any work into that, or even talked about it --
it is not a very high priority thing.  Nevertheless, I'd prefer to see
2.4 compatibility patches go in.