GDB 8.0.x Release Management
[NAME] at the beginning of each item is the name of a point of contact who will help trying to get the issue fixed faster.
- Current tentative branch date: 2017-03-15
- Branch created: 2017-04-17
- GDB 8.0 released: 2017-06-04
- GDB 8.0.1 released: 2017-09-07
Fixes in GDB 8.0.1
Todo: [Please use the following format: [assignee] PR xxx/nnnnn (one-line description of PR)]
Done: [Please use the following format: PR xxx/nnnnn (one-line description of PR)]
PR tdep/21717 [ARM] Fix $fpscr access on vfpv2.
PR gdb/21555 Fix "error re-setting breakpoint" on PIE executables.
PR breakpoints/21886 mem-break: Fix breakpoint insertion location.
PR gdb/21827 Regression: gdb command lookup became case-sensitive; but definitions are forced into lowercase
PR remote/22021 Multi-arch exec fails with a remote target
The GDB 8.0 Release
Todo: [Note: Items listed here are blocking for the release, but NOT the branch creation]
See also bugs marked "Target Milestone 8.0".
PR gdb/21356 (value_contents_bits_eq internal_error in value.c)
- Not a regression (reproduced with 7.10 for isntance), but still an internal error
- [SimonM] "tty" command no longer works
See also fixed bugs marked "Target Milestone 8.0".
Post Branch-Creation (for the NEXT release cycle)
Before Branch Creation [Please use the following format: [assignee] PR xxx/nnnnn (one-line description of PR)]
- new "record" Python API should be finalized before we release
- (otherwise, we might be have a compatibility issue if we don't design them well from the start)
- Build issue when using Python 2.6.x