|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|1. Move the created tarball into the frysk cvs directory for f8 for example move the tarball to F-8|| 1. Move the created tarball into the frysk cvs directory for distro you want to update
* For example for f8 move the tarball to frysk/F-8
|Line 12:||Line 13:|
| * This will upload the tarball to koji so you dont need to upload this tarball again.
* It will also update the sources file to point to the newly uploaded tarball.
Updating the frysk rpm in Fedora
Before doing this make sure you have a fedora account and that your environment has been set up by following the instructions described here:
Check out frysk cvs modules (You probably already did this if you have followed the instructions above) But anyhow: Follow how to set up fedora cvs: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#head-29b1437eeedc9e87ea0e5c92a9e52684876c30a3) then http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#head-3de96e1e7f6c4c9197e8beb02a0b3d7a5eb9dada
- If a tarball has not already been created, follow the instructions on the release page
- Move the created tarball into the frysk cvs directory for distro you want to update
- For example for f8 move the tarball to frysk/F-8
- Run make new-sources FILES=frysk-0.0.1.2008.02.29.rh1.tar.bz2
- This will upload the tarball to koji so you dont need to upload this tarball again.
- It will also update the sources file to point to the newly uploaded tarball.
- Edit spec file:
- Update version - release - Changelog - Dependencies' versions etc
- Clean up patches which have been pushed upstream
- Remove the patch from cvs - delete the patch from the spec file
- Run make local (fix build problems)
- cvs remove/add files run make clog cvs commit using clog file as commit message
- make tag
- make build
- This should kick off the koji build always make sure that devel is newer or as new as the other releases.
You can now go to the koji webpage to watch the build http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/ also koji will output the specific url to command line you can view the output through the web page or using koji watch-logs <ID>
- When the build is done you will be notified
- If the build fails fix it, create a patch and try again other wise you are done and must now create an update using the rpm you have built.
Go to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/fryskClick on 'New Update' and push the rpm to the appropriate distros(f7,f8)/repos(stable/testing).