- This is the overall architecture. It is the same as BFD's use of
- Acronym for Instruction Set Architecture.
- This is a variant of the architecture, short for machine. It is
essentially the same as BFD's use of mach.
- CPU family
- A group of related mach's. Simulator support is organized along "CPU
family" lines to keep related mach's together under one roof to
simplify things. The organization is semi-arbitrary and is up to the
- An implementation of a mach. It is essentially akin to the argument
-mtune= in SPARC GCC (and other GCC ports).
This document was generated
by Ben Elliston on January, 8 2003