8.2 Defining New Object Attributes
If you want to define a new GNU object attribute, here are the places you
will need to modify. New attributes should be discussed on the ‘binutils’
- This manual, which is the official register of attributes.
- The header for your architecture include/elf, to define the tag.
- The bfd support file for your architecture, to merge the attribute
and issue any appropriate link warnings.
- Test cases in ld/testsuite for merging and link warnings.
- binutils/readelf.c to display your attribute.
- GCC, if you want the compiler to mark the attribute automatically.